Here is a special spread, which I learnt as a beginner, and has always been useful in getting the most out of every day. I’m delighted to share it here for the first time. It really does help me get a lot done every day, and I hope it does for you too.
Practice this in the morning, it only takes 2-3 minutes. Let me know what happens in the comments below, and I’ll be happy to reply!
Even if you are an absolute beginner, I’ve also given you an easy guide, because every tarot card meaning here on this site includes what the card means for the three positions in this spread! So you can just read it, rather than have to figure out what it means!
Attraction & Distraction Spread (3 card/level: beginner)
1. Shuffle your tarot deck.
2. Place it face down on the table.
3. Split it into three roughly equal piles, from right to left. You can use your left hand if you feel that this helps.
4. Turn face-up the first card on the top of the left pile. This is what will try and distract you today. Look up the card in the card meanings section, or read the additional material from my free secret tarot card meanings for extra information.
5. Turn face-up the card on the top of the right pile. This is what you should be attracted towards today. Again, look up the meaning in the tarot card meanings section here, and apply it to what should attract you. I give hints in my newsletter as to how to apply any tarot card meaning to any position in any spread – I can make that easy for you!
6. Don’t turn up the middle card!
7. Spend the day guiding yourself by avoiding situations that are indicated by the meaning of the left card, and working towards things indicated by the right card. You should feel a push/pull as you guide yourself through the day, with surprising and pleasant results. Sometimes it can be quite magical, with strange coincidences or “synchronicities” happening. If you keep a tarot journal, make a note of these magical and special events.
8. At the end of the day, in the evening, turn over the middle card. This is your personal tarot lesson card. Look up the meaning here, and see what surprising lesson the tarot has taught you today, by adding magic into your life!
You can then put the cards back into a pile and shuffle, and then shuffle again in the morning and do the exercise any day.
I look forward to hearing about your magical results!